Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dear Cherie. . .
























Bonjour!

Already, you may suspect by Cherie's chirpy intro that this will not be a day like any other. 

On her agenda Cherie has questions to answer about shoes, shoes, shoes; alternatives for those who don't like, or "can't wear" camel; and those who claim not to wear gray because it makes them look gray. May Cherie simply say this about gray: You're dealing with a color that has infinite hues, tones, nuances -- get out there and look.














































Now, no questions today, and here's why: Cherie is taking "The Little One" shopping. Her mother, You-Know-Who, is who knows where so we're off. The car is idling, the driver is waiting, the credit cards are in their Hermes envelopes, and as Cherie likes to say, coupe in hand, "Let the good times roll!"

Before heading out the door, a peek at what might be examined and caressed up close and personal, the above delights from Eric Bompard. (Just like the Printemps catalog this season, Bompard did its catalog photo shoot in New York City.)
























The most amusing part of the Bompard catalog is the pictured here, samples in "real life" of true thread color swatches used in the designs. Such fun.
























Finally, we'll be picking up the pre-ordered Repetto "taxi" ballerines

Until next week then. And in the meantime, remember camel and gray look wonderful together. Keep the one that looks best next to your face -- next to your face. (Go ahead, re-read the sentence. It makes sense and is exceedingly clever. . .)

Cherie can't help it, she was born with style.

7 comments:

Marsi said...

Those Repettos are so adorable. I can't wait to try to tear my eyes off of them! ;o)

Sounds like a splendid day is lines up for you and The Little One. Enjoy!

Bisous!

knitpurl said...

Have a blast, and those Repettos look fabulous. Ah, to have Cherie and her car to take us shopping...
xoxo, C.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Camel and grey together! I never thought of that pairing...
I LOVE those flats! Have fun shopping.

materfamilias said...

Thank you, Cherie, you anticipated a question of mine. I've just ordered the Bompard catalogue, and I've been wondering if I'll be able to trust the printed colours -- but if there are yarn samples included, my problem is solved!

Duchesse said...

The Bompard swatch cards are so useful. This year's collection seemed a bit pedestrian to me, though. Nothing wrong with classics but the more innovative knitting techniques may have been put on hold due to the economy? I wonder.

SPLENDEROSA said...

Well, I am just SO disappointed! On Thursday's I like Cheri's Q&A session. What's a girl to do?

Working on trends for Fall now which most anyone can wear, including grey & camel. Rock on, babycakes...

"All things French" said...

best colour next to my face----next to my face !!
I think camel's much better than grey or maybe grey looks better than camel ... I need to think this thru...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...