Friday, July 23, 2010

Out and About In The Country





































































My first thought was, you might be disappointed with the paucity of pictures herewith. My second thought revealed another aspect of these photographs I didn't realize at the time.

More than any other of my weekly collections showing women sauntering or running down the streets of Paris or the village near our house, these three show such distinctly different personal styles that it makes them, to my eye at least, immensely interesting.

I see these women quite often, and the pictures truly do reflect their personalities. One is always in flowy, dresses and tops; the other more "strict" and close to the body, very often poured into her jeans; and the third, an artist, dresses with a child-like whimsy.

Their vestment choices vary only with the fabrics as the seasons change, not with the shapes. Oh yes, and the shoes -- rarely a toe in sight after October.



















The blue nail polish is on the toes of a young woman who just passes under the 40-year-old cut- off bar set by the creative director of makeup at Guerlain (see Tuesday's post -- July 20th) who suggests that after that age one should eschew blues, greens and other colorful flights of fancy in favor of a rich ruby.

9 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

What great illustrations of unique style, well done!

James said...

I really like the flower boxes in the second picture. It certainly is a nice example of Old World charm.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The white floaty dress is so similar to one my traveling friend is wearing in a recent photo she posted from Villefrance...
These lovely ladies look very relaxed...maybe they are just camera friendly or you are very gifted at putting them at ease!
I am going with gifted!

Beadboard UpCountry said...

I agree with you they all reflect their own sense of style... Good for them! They also look more relaxed than the women in the city...Maryanne xo

Martina Voigt-Schmid said...

So interesting to observe style - i find the first woman very chic. I love to wear shades in summer, because they allow me to look at people without being noticed. But i'm not a papparazzi, just an artist ;)

LPC said...

I love the outfit with the little apron. Not that I could wear it mind you. But I love it in situ.

metscan said...

So nice to see real women. And I am so glad that I don´t have to wear crazy colors on my nails. I do like the Chanel´s, but my daughter may use the ones bought before " the rules".

Looking Fab in your forties said...

I think you can get away easily with Chanel's Particulere polish, and although I have the turquoise Chanel nouvelle vague, I do feel that it is too young.

crunchycon said...

Great post - and I love the comment about eschewing the, ahem, unique colors on one's toes for a rich ruby. I just pedicured my own in the most classic red I could find; against my fair skin it makes me much happier than all the blues, greens, corals and pinks I see floating around my workplace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...