Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Out and About In The Country








































































































































A day in the cobbled streets of the village near ours. I am staying on my home turf for the duration so as not to scare off the already skittish Parisian women I stalk for your weekly pleasure. 

I'm afraid with a big black/purple/yellow eye -- even with my patter and exceedingly chic cards -- they will run off in terror. (And who could blame them?) At least when I'm out here everyone knows me and they fall into position. When I find a new subject, I drag someone out of a boutique to vouch for my impeccable reputation.

As you can see, it's skirts and dresses out here as well.

On another register: It is raining on France's magnificent Fête Nationale today.

6 comments:

Duchesse said...

Easy summer clothes, and many in white or pales. Nice selection, perhaps in sympathy for your eye?

Laura in TO said...

what with the sun doing not nice things to one's skin, I've become a hat-with-a-brim fanatic..but I rarely see women in protective hats..in impromptu fotos...too frumpy? too hard to manage?(yes, it's a drag after 6pm to find a place to stow the chapeau) but just wondering...

Café Bellini said...

So the chic and style-conscious French wear flip flops, too?!

annecychic said...

Love these street style posts. I especially love the dress on the woman in your first photo--would love to find a dress like that here in the US. Thank you Tish!

materfamilias said...

I like seeing a few of these women wearing somewhat shorter skirts than we are often advised to at "a certain age" given that they have legs in fine shape. In the summertime, at least, and with flats, this looks great!

Belle de Ville said...

I love the white shirt dress in the last photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...