Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Country Life -- On-the-Street






























































































































































The proof is in the tiny streets in the town near our village: Summer has officially arrived and everyone is dressing accordingly. From shorts and cropped pants to dresses and the of-the-moment combination (jumpsuit), all the best of the season are on display.

Almost everyone was wearing some interpretation of a sandal and toenail colors varied from the red, reds I saw last week in Paris to the gray one French writer was quoted as saying is the sublime compliment to bronzé skin. Tough judgement call I would say.

Note the details -- or absence thereof, scarfs as belts, no fussy jewelry, all toenails polished, no fingernails with color, the absolute minimum makeup and as always, easy, breezy hair.

Today I'm off to Paris to see what is on the streets there. 

As you may know markdown dates are legislated by the government and coincidentally this is the first day of the sales. So while I'm there. . .

15 comments:

Tabitha said...

I can't wear coloured nail polish on toes or fingernails, it looks so gaudy on me, thanks for the inspiration.

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

My fingernails are always natural; as in no colour. I prefer to have my toes painted. Indeed, I also appreciate the lack of belts and scarves in the pictures avove. So free and breezy, too;-)

LuxeBytes said...

Scarves as belts -- quelle coincidence. I've been wearing my Hermes through my Levi's beltloops all this week and have a blog post about it planned. Are we experiencing a mind-meld here or what, Tish?

Really fabulous summer style in these pictures.

Best of luck with les soldes. It seems like it was just the winter soldes, and now here we are again.

xoxox

Deja Pseu said...

I'm noticing two of the women wearing belted tunics over capris or leggings. Does that seem to be shaping up as a trend there?

Everyone looks summer wonderful. We've had hardly any sunshine here in weeks; we're still in sweaters!

Have fun at les soldes!

James said...

The charming lady in the last photo just looks so French to me. Please don't tell me she was from Albania or some such place!

The-Countrypolitan said...

Tish, you say "markdown dates are legislated by the government"... I did not know that... what is their purpose and reasoning behind that? ~Terri

knitpurl said...

All looked better than a t-shirt and shorts. Happy Shopping Tish. xoxo

Fiona said...

I love the backgrounds of your street-style photos as much as the outfits! Have fun in the sales.

metscan said...

So summer-y. I have noticed that I too accessorize myself less these days. Ia it the age, is it the summer?

BigLittleWolf said...

GRAY toenails? ACK, non merci! But looking forward to what you bring back from your forays into the City of Lights.

sharon said...

Hi Tish,

Fun photos as usual, I prefer the first one, the girl looks pretty, smart, slim and determined.
Sharon

Marieanne said...

Red toes, natural fingers, minimal makeup, breezy easy hair - check! I love that I'd fit right in on the streets of your little town, Tish (she said, preening delightedly.)

Love the last photo, her dress is very feminine and summery.

I'm not sure about the jumpsuit and the tunic/leggings combo, though.

Annabel Manners said...

That is one chic jumpsuit. Hope you snap some more pics in Paris! xoxo

Jenny Schouten Short, MFA said...

I love to see what people on the streets are wearing. I don't get the leggings in the heat, though. In Texas we don't like anything to touch our bodies in the summer. Not so in Europe. The lady in the jumpsuit is dragging down her boobs, niet goede. Interesting about the nail color.

Duchesse said...

What strikes me is the functionality of all the shoes, yet they are still pretty. North American women are more likely to jam themselves into high heels (sandals or pumps). I never understood it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...