Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Edith & I Walk The Red Carpet At Cannes

























































































In our virtual bubble of imagination Edith and I can go, do, buy and wear anything our petits coeurs desire. So why wouldn't we get all dressed up and go to Cannes?

Yes we Cannes. We can do absolutely anything. You see, money, fame, connections, (perfect bodies), obnoxious behavior and outrageous excess is no substitute for make-believe.

























































































Let me tell you our story: We were picked up in a stretch, served champagne, taken to our private jet where the champagne continued to flow though now accompanied by caviar, lobster and basically whatever our petits coeurs desired. Another stretch was waiting for us on arrival -- we never even carried our handbags -- at which point we were whisked off to out two-bedroom suite at the Hotel Carlton overlooking the Mediterranean (we insisted, nicely though) for a rest before we had our massages, facials, pedicures and manicures. 

Later in the day the hair and makeup crew arrived and shortly thereafter we slipped into the dresses you see here. One last look in the mirrors and off we went to the films and festivities at the 63rd annual Festival de Cannes.

We chose our gowns from the fall/winter collections of, from the top: the glorious, intricately worked gold number from Aquascutum; the 40s film glamour of Carlos Miele and below, a simple, elegant design from Pucci and on moi a hip flattering beauty from Akris.

As always, all drawings by Edith.

12 comments:

Duchesse said...

I adore Akris, the clothes are refined and yet vital. Nothing they make wears you, and the fabrics are gorgeous. The sizing is not big enough for me (10 is the top sold here) and I'd have to watch for a sale, as $3,000 jackets are pricey for me, but Akris is sublime! In my dreams I wear van Noten, Akris, MaxMara all the time.

Anonymous said...

That Akris is stunning.

xoxox --
Marsi

LPC said...

I love this post. The drawings, your outfit choices, the day dream. My sister bought an Akris jacket recently. She SAID it was for an academic conference.

Jeanne-Aelia Desparmet-Hart said...

So, I see, you are the nice girl next door who wears couture and Edith is a bit more "sauvage". That's a great tandem! I would definitely wear yours but maybe with a inch or two more decollete...they are both STUNNING. FUN FUN! are you sure about the stretch? not my cup of tea anywhere anytime but convenient for the gowns I guess.

JMW said...

These gowns are gorgeous - I would be happy to wear any of them (if I were 6 feet tall of course, not 5'2). I was looking at images from Cannes this morning - Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are such a beautiful couple. Ah, to live the life, huh?

Lorrie said...

So glad you took time out from your busy schedule and Cannes festivities to blog about this. Stunning gowns, and isn't dreaming wonderful?

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love that one by Akris. And my hair is piled up at the moment, just like Edith's glorious drawing. All I need is the outfit!!

Belle de Ville said...

Gorgeous illustrations by Edith!
Obviously if you Cannes, you will!

BigLittleWolf said...

So happy to see some of these stunning gowns with arms covered. When one is a femme d'un certain age, that has its benefits.

Elegant examples.

Belle de Ville said...

Tish, I have a question for you. When you have a minute can you please email me at belledeville@gmail.com or nancy@beladora.com

knitpurl said...

Loved all 4 gowns, and you are looking so-o-o svelte.
xoxoxo C.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I love this, the drawings and then the real live fashion statements. I rarely see this done, to a Bumpkin this is unworldly, and chic. I am really loving your blog, I have just read, and read, and read. I feel as if I am being schooled. A new Fashion Diva to add to my list of favorites. I learn something here, not just enjoy being here, it serves purpose. There are a few phrases that I research, and will drop in conversations along the way. I will be so glamourous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...