Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Edith et Moi, Playing In Our Closets













































Welcome, bienvenue, to the last in the series wherein Edith and I pull our own clothes out of our closets, mix them up and show you how staggeringly stunning and clever we are. 

Oh yes, and modest as well.

The blossoms have burst into full bloom on my forsythia, which officially signal printemps chez moi.  And, as promised, next week we will debut our spring/summer selections demonstrating once again how incredibly inventive we are no matter what the season or temperature. 

In today's post, our selections can be worn for the next month or so unless the temperatures soar, which seems unlikely.

Off subject, quelle surprise(!): I would like to recommend that if you have, or can find a friend or acquaintance who can draw and you want to lose a few pounds, do the following: Never ever have your photograph taken again for the rest of your life. Instead, ask your new friend to draw you according to your specifications. In that way you can forget about diets and calorie counting and miraculously become the size you've always dreamed about, wearing whatever you desire --even haute couture. It won't work on official documents of course, like your passport for example, but those are only head shots, not hip shots. 

Moving along. . . Edith is wearing her dark indigo jeans and in both drawings Agnes b cotton t-shirts. With the pants she pulled out a short navy light wool YSL jacket and her Tod's driving moccasins. With her black, "I've had forever and don't remember where it came from" wool skirt she added a huge black silk flower on her shoulder and a wide red suede belt. "The flower takes me from the office to dinner," she explained. 

Ed. Note: Edith does not work in an office, she works in front of an easel, but you get her point.













































I'm wearing my usual black Chanel skirt and Donna Karan pants. On top I've teamed a large, pale, pale gray linen shirt with a black and gray pin-striped linen waistcoat I had made in Dubai.

With the trousers I'm wearing a red silk jacket I've had so long I truly don't know where it came from over a silk moire waistcoat I bought in a men's store someplace or other. Once again, I added my coral necklace and Minelli Louis heels that look sort of like Chanel -- sort of.

All drawings by Edith of course.

18 comments:

Morgane said...

i adore the two outfits Edith wears :mention spéciale for her skirt with the marinière... Very my tasse de thé!

aaonce said...

Love love love this! Really like your waistcoats, Tish. A nice choice to transition the seasons. The Red and purple (at least the 2nd picture it appears to be purple) is quite a surprising twist on your usual choices, and paired with a red necklace? Wow! You didn't describe the necklace you were were pairing with the 2nd jacket--is it yours or is that Edith's creative license at work?

Simply Luxurious said...

Tish,

Love these illustrations -
So glad you stopped by my blog! I would love to have you follow. Simply, go to the upper left hand corner of the screen when you're viewing my blog (make sure you've logged in to blogger) and click on "follow" and you should be quickly directed to sign up to become a follower.
Love hearing from new readers!
Have a beautiful rest of your week.

=)

Morgane said...

I would love to show you me in those clothes with a good picture , if only i have a big mirror !My self pictures are so bad but promise i would try!

Marsi said...

Tish, your two waistcoats -- especially the one from Dubai -- are insane. I love them. My girlfriend in the Alps and I were emailing yesterday about this D&G waistcoat she's coveting; funny that they should be popping up everywhere all of a sudden. I do love a masculine element in a woman's wardrobe. I think it makes her even more feminine, you know?

As for Edith, her gamine style is near to my own, which I only realized today when looking at her stripes and thinking, "I have almost all of those pieces in my closet." I love her quip about the flower taking her from work to dinner. I'll have to remember that ....

xoxoxo

Deja Pseu said...

These are some of my favorite ensembles yet. Excellent! I love how you've used the waistcoat as a shirt/blouse in the second one. Well played, both of you!

LPC said...

Yes, I love that outfit with the red jacket. Waistcoats, I'm in awe.

Emily said...

I love Edith's red blazer and purple vest! And her mariniere is just...magnifique!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Beautiful- I love the outfits- especially the stripes with the skirt- so chic!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful outfits - all of them. My first reaction on reading the post was, "I've got to get a large shirt to wear under a vest(waistcoat)." Yes indeed, I do!
And the second thing I need is a friend who can draw my ideal self!

Struggler said...

Lovely drawings! I do like the point you made, that this is a far more glamorous way to appear than a simple 'mug shot'.

Beatnheart said...

Hey thanks for stopping by and even becoming a follower...I so enjoyed yesterdays banter about weight..its great when people get so worked up about a subject. I thought about it all day long...keep going with that...Us women of a certain age have alot to say and we are not going to keep it to ourselves anymore..

My Grama's Soul said...

I am certainly a woman " of a certain age". This post was clever, funny and charming.

Thanks for stopping by to say hi. You will see me again.

Blessings,

Jo

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tish
Well I just love Ediths' crop hairdoo and the striped top in one of her clever clever drawings.. I wish I had an artist friend to draw me in the image of my youth.. perfect idea I say.... I could tape it to my mirror and fool myself for days...

thanks once again for your lovely comments.. always makes my day... I'm off to see the heated debate of yesterday's post which i sadly missed.. have a great easter if I don't see you beforehand.. xxx Julie

*Chic Provence* said...

Hi Tish!

Love waistcoats!! they accomplish so very much..but I don't have one any more..off to Dubai!

I do have a coral necklace, tho, and love that look on "you".. I wish wish wish you and Edith would pop over here and go through my closet with me..soon!!

xxx

Kit

Dash said...

What a great idea, I know a few artists, I wonder if they would be willing to draw a super improved me, in various ensembles from the amoire.
XX

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is totally my style now and I know that I can pull this off into my 60s and if I'm lucky enough, beyond! Bravo to you and Edith...well done every time. Anita

SPLENDEROSA said...

The last outfit is wonderful. I love huge silk floppy flowers in spring & summer, and sometimes in fall & winter. So. Nothing is more feminine and as we walk they flutter away...so girly girly. xx's Marsha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...