Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh Happy Day, Let the Sunshine (Awards) Pour In !











The delightful, deliriously delicious and ever chic chronicler on all things right and proper in this world, JMW from A Place to Dwell , bestowed the Sunshine Award upon me. Merci, merci, merci. If you don't know her blog, which you probably do, it's a must.

As with all such honors, they are to be passed on to those we admire and who bring rays of sunshine into our lives every time we visit their blogs. The rules stipulate that we must choose 12 of our favorites. As always this is sooooo difficult, but here goes. . .

1.) Mon Avis, Mes Amis -- It's not just the tears streaming down the cheeks humor Els brings to each post; it's the writing. The writing. I cannot even begin to describe how beautifully creative and hugely talented she is. I cannot imagine the blog world without her.

2.) Privilege -- Tongue-in-cheek humor; humor straight-up, tips and tales, just wonderful. She takes us by the hand and walks us through her fun-filled WASP world of wisdom and wit.

3.) 60 Going on 16 -- It was serendipity. I found her on the 14th of February. She loves dogs, she is sunny and bright and boy can she write. (She sent me a picture of her sleek pal, Louis. He has a red collar and she walks the moors with him.)

4.) Home -- Every visit, every "conversation" with Jackie, she sweeps me away into a world of her creation where all is lovely, lively and dreamlike. She's also very, very amusing. 

5.) Bonjour Romance -- Let's see, ma chere Mimi, you have won so many awards I don't quite know how to say something fresh and new about why I love visiting you, knowing you. Is it all the romance and gaiety that pours from your blog. Yes, that must be it.

6.) Man of the 50s -- Yes, dear James, I know, I know, I'm just one more member of your ever-growing fan club, but it would be impossible not to include you here. One could rename your blog: Joy To The World: And How to Recognize Happiness When It's Right In Front of You. (I'm still angling for a seat on the board of directors.)

7.) The Daily Connoisseur -- Jennifer, your spot on writing, your joie de vivre, your optimism -- it all pours out through your blog. (Oh yes, and your parfait take on all things French, having experienced the culture in real time and all the better in the 16th arrondissement.)

8.) Not Waving But Ironing -- Just the title tells you, you're going to be entertained. Do not miss her "about" explanation, lol like every one of her posts. Oh yes, and the woman can write.

9.) A Thousand Clapping Hands -- Catherine is divine. What can I say? She is creative, serene, stunning and carries us with her into a lovely universe of her romantic invention.

10.) Easy Fashion -- If you haven't met Fred, click now. He contributed a Christmas post here and commented for the French Guide-to-Romance last week. Gaze at those photographs of his -- you'll see he captures much more than the surface. Plus, he's tres, tres drole -- sometimes saying naughty things I don't print on my blog. But he's French after all.

11.) Social Climbers -- Beth, you could hate her if she didn't have such a super sense of humor, well that's the name of her blog which tells you a little something about her (it's also the title of her book, whatever). She's the girl who's the head of the snooty, snotty, sharp, snarky clique to which one aspires to join so you too can be one of the popular girls. 

12.) A Refocused Life -- True story: When I first found Rita's blog -- and I don't remember how it happened -- I saw her face and decided there and then: I really, really, really like this woman. I also thought, isn't she beautiful? I also thought, she's re-inventing her life, how fabulous. And, everyday she gives us a peek into her refocused life, but I suspect the joy and pleasure she brings us in her blog was always all about Rita.

17 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

You always know the most fabulous people/blogs! Thanks for these links, and congratulations on another well-deserved award!

James said...

Tish,
I am humbled to be in such company. Thank you! I have visited most of these sites and with you included they restore my faith daily. There still is beauty and style all over the world. People who want to live their lives with high standards are no where near as rare as I once thought they were!

Jacqueline said...

My dear friend Tish,
Many, many thanks for my lovely Sunshine Award.
You are so kind and, I am honoured to have had it bestowed on me by such a lovely person with such a well written and entertaining blog....and to be included with such prestigeous company is very flattering.
I will put it on my sidebar and treasure it. Lots of love. XXXX

Obee Designs said...

Congrats to you on your well deserved award!! I will have to go check out these other fabulous blogs you have passed this award onto (and of course Miss Mimi Bleu)!!Enjoy your your fabulous day!!
XoXo
Gail

Fred de Easy Fashion said...

Thanks !
I am very honoured to be in this short list in such company. I don't see what you're talking about when you say that you don't print all ...
Ah ah ah !

BonjourRomance said...

Dear Tish,
You are too kind to included me in this illustrious group of bloggers. Many thanks my friend and congratulations to you too - you do bring us much sunshine!
Merci!

A Thousand Clapping Hands said...

Dear Tish,

You are too kind. You are the brightest ray of all...always making me smile. I thank you so much and am so happy to have met you here in blog-ville. I'm looking forward to visiting with your other friends.

Merci Madame!
Catherine

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Tish- Thank you so much! What an honor to be mentioned among such wonderful blogs. Love your blog too my darling- so glad we found each other! xo

knitpurl said...

What a great list of new sites to visit, merci Tish, and congratulations to all of you with new awards. (If you write like Tish does and keep us both amused and informed, it'll be fun reading all of you.)

Belle Vie said...

Bonjour~
please visit my blog, I have something for you as well!
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
xoxo,
B

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I don't know all of these bloggers other than Mimi and I just adore her to pieces! And Tish, your blog is so marvelous and what a writer you are! I have much to learn.

Congratulations to all of you! Anita

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beautifully50 said...

Congratulations Tish - well-deserved, indeed! Looking forward to checking out the other blogs! thanks!

Lily Lemontree said...

Congratulations Tish on the well deserved awards! I will definitely check out the blogs you have nominated, you never steer us wrong!
Have a great weekend friend!

ELS said...

Lovely Tish - sorry not to have got over sooner - mad weekend but great - will do your fantastically kind award justive when my guests have gone!
Lovexx

notwavingbutironing said...

Oh, thank you, Tish! You really do say the nicest things. My spirits are well and truly raised. I am honoured to be in the same company as Els; we must press that woman to write a novel. And I will check out the other recipients forthwith, as you have - cough! - such impeccable taste! xxx

pve design said...

Thanks for the intro to such a sunny crowd, excuse me while I get my sunglasses.
pve

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...