Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happiness, Perhaps It's Contagious. . .























"Let us be grateful to those who make us happy; for they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




















"Be happy. It's one way of being wise." Colette

This week, the spirited, adorable, Morgane from the blog, One+One=4: A French Way of Life (just look at her picture), gave me a "Happiness" Award. How amazing is that? The idea behind it is that certain blogs bring us joy. I couldn't agree more.

I am soooo flattered that she would include me in her eminent list. Now it's my turn.

As with all of these honors, they come with a small obligation. Perfectly normal.

Here is what I must do:
  • Link back to the lovely Morgane who lives in Brittany btw.
  • Tell you 10 things that make me happy.
  • Choose -- this is always the hardest part -- 10 blogs that make me happy.
  • Finally, all of us are supposed to do at least one of the things that makes us happy TODAY  (I would suggest every day and maybe more than one.)
My T0p 10:

1.) My-Reason-For-Living-In-France.

2.) My darling, darling Andrea.

3.) My dogs, now there is a lesson in pure love.

4.) France, Paris, and all the things I've learned from living here -- all the ways I've grown and changed and readjusted my views on life and love.

5.) My new son-in-law (absolutely hilarious and he seems to like me).

6.) Mostly life in general. I've been blessed in so many ways, I cannot even begin to enumerate.

7.) Accomplishing something I set out to do (without wasting too much time OR procrastinating).

8.) My handful (perhaps two hands-full) of precious friends. I swear this is not a cliche. I cannot imagine my life without them.

9.) Swimming and aqua gym classes -- for some reason I become enclosed in a bubble of pure bliss.

10.) Knowing just until this moment at least, I have no regrets.

And now 10 blogs that make me happy, smile or just plain laugh out loud























"Those who bring happiness into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James M. Barrie

1.) Mon Avis, Mes Amis (I'm sorry Els, but I can't help it. You make me happy.)






7.) Man of the 50s (Ditto, James, but you do spread the joy.)



13 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, no regrets! Bliss.

Marsi said...

Proust and Tish make ME happy!

xoxox

Obee Designs said...

My Dear Tish,
First may I say congrats on your award!! I am so happy to see you have received this award and I love reading about what makes you happy. May I say...son-in-law?? You are too young to have a married daughter!! Too funny, I think of you as the fresh, young woman...and you are!! The spirit is a wonderful thing!!

I will be sure to go check out the blogs you have recommended.
Thank you for your lovely comments about the cause Near and Dear to my heart. I am so sorry to hear you lost your father at such a young age. My heart breaks for you. It is amazing to me how many people have their own story about heart disease. It truly does touch so many of us.
I truly am glad we have met and so glad to have you as a blog friend! Congrats on your much deserved award. I hope you bask in the glow of such happiness and joy!
Go have a wonderful day, my friend!
XoXo
Gail

Chemin des Muguets said...

Tish,

Congratulations on all your well deserved awards. It is obvious that you have a loyal fan base.

I am thrilled to have been the recipient of one of your previous awards. I apologize for the lateness of my response. Things have been a bit topsy-turvy here. I hope to respond to the award in a post this weekend.

I do look forward to speaking with you about a future project.

Love and Happy weekend,

Marjorie

Morgane said...

Thanks so much for the compliment !
your list is great !!! Your blog is in my top list for sure !

Lily Lemontree said...

Congratulations on your award and I just love your list of happiness!!! I am familiar with a few of these lovely blogs you speak of, so I am off to check out these new ones!

James said...

Tish
You are too sweet( no French pun intended!) After a day out in the Wal-mart world that is my home town, a visit with you brings the joy back into my life. Yours was one of my first sites to follow and I know I will be following it until one of us stops!Thank you for the mention and for being you.

Annabel Manners said...

What a lovely quote from Proust, thank you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

There is no other way to be but be happy! It's a choice, that's for sure! I must check out these blogs that you recommend, Tish!

Bisous, Anita

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

I love this post. I love your 10 things. Really cool. I do something that makes me happy every day.:)
Frenchy
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

muummmmeeeeee...... said...

Aahhh.... love your happiness list! Congratulations on your award and thanks so much for passing one on to me. Will spend this afternoon checking out your other nominees. Thanks again honey x

Clarity said...

You darling woman. I love your happy list and am shy-shocked that you gave me this.

Thank you, from my heart, it means a lot, Peace, warm invisible hugs and kisses.

You have made me happy today.

P.S. You deserve this award and more, I have to reciprocate soon.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Dear Tish,
I am so sorry I missed this post... What a sweetheart you are to pass me this award.. There are so many blogs out there that bring a smile into our day.. it makes you wonder what we did before blogging!! haha

Congratulations on your award!! xx Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...