Saturday, November 28, 2009

Meet Barbara Uzielli. . .





































































































As a special weekend cadeau I thought you might like to take a peek into one of my favorite apartments in all of New York.

It belongs to my friend, interior decorator Barbara Uzielli.

Classically sumptuous, accented with antique treasures, her beloved Aubusson rug in the salon and punctuated with touches of whimsy -- note leopard throw pillows on the chintz sofa in the library -- I always want to return to her chic cocoon. 

Her apartment is the perfect showroom for her talent and taste. When a potential client wishes to see her work, she takes them chez elle. It speaks volumes about her ideas and interpretations of style, comfort and luxury.

The library is a veritable bijou, it glows. It is perhaps my favorite room ever, any place, with its gleaming lacquered walls. "Eleven coats with sanding between each application," Barbara notes. 

We have spent many happy cocktail hours, sipping, nibbling and gossiping within as the gentle lighting bounces off the walls and makes us look positively gorgeous. It is not only a beautiful room, it is a kind room. It induces pleasure and well-being, as does Barbara -- libations notwithstanding. 

From the top: Two shots of the library; the salon with working fireplace; Barbara in her bedroom with clouds floating overhead on the dreamy ceiling; a view of the dining room; the hallway leading to the living room. (All pictures from the "New York Social Diary".)

12 comments:

Bonjour Madame said...

That library is sumptuous! I love red and when people have the confidence to really go all out with red, it inspires me.

James said...

That library is wonderful. I can imagine it instills a great deal of confidence in her clients.

Dedene said...

What gorgeous decoration. I love bright colors.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

That red room is simply to die for!

BigLittleWolf said...

Sumptuous indeed. Yet accueillant et chaleureux. Thank you for sharing this with us. What a treat.

Jacqueline said...

How lovely and all in New York as well. Wonderful. I wouldn't mind owning a little place like that in New York !! XXXX

knitpurl said...

Beautiful beyond words. The Library almost has a country look, maybe it's the red, which is ever so beautiful.

metscan said...

This is, if possible, too perfect to my taste. I like to look at interior designs like this, but I would not want to live in one. What about the cleaning, must take lots of time.

materfamilias said...

Love the library!

Marsi said...

Those red walls are SPECIAL -- and I mean that in the American usage, not the French. I have one huge accent wall of deep red in my living room extending back to my husband's office, and that color just makes everything look gorgeous and dramatic.

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

We all agree, the library it is.

Yes, Jacqueline, I wouldn't turn down a "little" two-bedroom pied-à-terre in New York either.

prashant said...

I love red and when people have the confidence to really go all out with red,

Work From Home India

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...