Friday, November 27, 2009

Country Living: Out & About









































































































































































Cherie is resting today because she has a BIG dinner party chez un ami tonight -- if it were a BIG dinner party chez Cherie she would be in an intensive care unit someplace with an even better excuse for not writing her column.

But you know Cherie, she wouldn't leave you without entertainment while she rips apart her closets trying to find different black components which are/were more or less in the same dye lot. Since even with the light on, as her Reason-for-Living-in-France has pointed out on many occasions, it's impossible to see anything in there anyway; it's a tricky task indeed.

Above is the news from the countryside. 

An aside: Cherie sidled up to a stunning gray-haired woman shopping in Monoprix this week, spilled her spiel whereupon the woman said: "Moi? Oh, how lovely, I'm so flattered, of course you can take my picture." 

Moments later her 30-something daughter arrived at her side and said: "She's taking pictures for the INTERNET (!) I don't trust the Internet, but do what you like; it's your decision."

Guess how that ended.

8 comments:

Marsi said...

Oh Cherie, you have the funniest stories about your adventures in paparazziship. I'm sorry this one didn't end well (as usual!), because I really want to see what this woman looks like with her fabulous grey hair. Did you get your cards printed up yet? (Oh, excuse me. Cherie probably had them engraved?)

Very casual, feminine, pretty subjects for today. Is that your pharmacist I spy? You know I'm twitching at the sight of all those wonderful toiletries.

Enjoy the dinner party tonight; don't forget your camera!

BigLittleWolf said...

Mon Dieu you make me laugh! (Who else thinks about the reality of blacks of a different dye lot?)

And quel dommage, about that elegant woman whose daughter convinced her not to be photographed.

We'll be looking forward to snaps from Chérie's affair(e) this evening. (Hopefully with enough good wine, no partiers will refuse such an honor, to be shared with your readers.)

knitpurl said...

Having spent a few morning hours at a local Mall on this Black Friday, I can write the French pictured above do dress so much better. I wonder if they would have been in better spirits than women of all ages I encountered. Only the stores' employees seemed happy today. So was I, just out meandering.

Not "trust" the internet? What, is that gal hiding out from the gendarmes? Geesh, with all the available protection out there in cyberland, she needs an education.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Ha! Very funny... oh well it was sweet that the daughter was concerned for her mother :) Great pics...

Bonjour Madame said...

These pictures are great. I would never wear the cut off denim shorts, but she pulls it off with the rest of her ensemble. It's pretty creative.

metscan said...

I like nearly all the outfits on the pictures you show. Made me think, how I myself, would react if someone would ask permission to take os photo of me. Well, if it would be Mr Sartorialist, I would not refuse. All the comments on the Sartorisalist are so hyper praising ( which I just can´t understand ) !

Kristi said...

Maybe this is a question for Cherie ... I notice in all your street photos that there is never a hint of color -- it is almost always exclusively neutral colors. I think this is part of the women's chicness. My question is do you ever see colors and if so, what ones are they? Thanks K

metscan said...

I know Kristi, that your question is not for me to answer, but I gave it a thought too. Maybe it has something to do with the location of one´s country. In Scandinavia, we have long periods, when there is very little of sunlight. In the summer, the colors are there, but they are not so bold. Maybe we ( like animals), need a camouflage color to make us feel safe. Does this make any sense?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...