Monday, August 31, 2009

TOP 10: NON White Blouses























I like to plan ahead. Well, that's not strictly true. I like to plan ahead for pleasant occasions and postpone unpleasant obligations until they turn into major three-alarm disasters, but that's another story. 

I think in medical terms it's called "avoidance syndrome" or something like that.


But I digress (again).  I thought in the future I would be writing several TOP 10 posts on the world's best white shirts no woman any where on this earth could or should live with out. But I guess not.

Today's subject is the opposite of what I thought was irrevocably true; I always believed every woman no matter what the color of her complexion, hair and eyes simply glowed when her face was framed in a pristine white chemise.

In a mini rebellion from some of you, I have been disabused of that notion. To quell the up-rising, here follows today's TOP 10.




















































































































































































10 Blouses That Are NOT White:

1.) Carolina Herrera.

2.) Ungaro.

3.) Ralph Lauren.

4.) Max Mara.

5.) Marc by Marc Jacobs.

6.) Alberta Ferretti.

7.) Chloe.

8.) Dries Van Noten.

9.) Chloe encore.

10.) Van Noten again.

Is everybody happy? You know that's why I'm here.

6 comments:

Drea said...

Love, love, love all the purplish, greyish and taupish ones! Orange would make me look like a dead person, I'm afraid...

knitpurl said...

Merci, merci and lots of merci beaucoup too! Except for DVN and orange, I also love them all.

Just think drawn,white,colorless faces (despite makeup/glasses) and you get the feeling for how some of us look in white blouses.

But now, we all can find a blouse(s) to add Fall '09 life to our wardrobes without giving up the cause.

Bonjour Madame said...

I wish I could find more shirts in that pretty dove grey. It's such a lovely color. I also like the first picture a lot with the deep saturated purple color.

Every time you post on fashion ideas I start noticing them more in the stores. The other day with the ruffle collars, suddenly I saw them more. I think you are getting me to notice the details more. Merci!

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

Yes, I agree, orange can be tricky.

Carole, you were one of the dissenters to whom this post was devoted. I'm glad you're happy now.

Stephanie, I'm with you. I would love to have one of those silvery, dove gray blouses. As you can see one and all prunes continue into fall so hold on to your fruit colored whatevers.

Marsi said...

Love the dove grey one as well. What can I say, I'm devoted to black and its "minions."

I'm so looking forward to fall.

erina said...

Count me in as happy, too! Thanks, Tish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...