Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Last of The Vanities


































Welcome to my work station. You are now looking at -- day and night versions -- of where I do the best I can with what natural resources I have left enhanced by hope and a few fetish products I believe make a difference. 

A window above provides natural light and all the bulbs around the large mirror make me feel as if I'm about to go on stage. Before you make any assumptions: The smaller, round mirror on the stand is NOT of the the magnifying type. I just pull it up as close to my face as possible barely allowing enough space for my beauty utensils to fulfill their functions and that's it. If I miss anything, I can't see it. There are a lot of pluses to near-sightedness one doesn't fully appreciate until reaching a certain age. I NEVER want to see my face magnified. Why would anyone want to start her day in a state of depression?

In your two previous weekend cadeaux you saw my non-functioning dressing tables, or at least not functioning as dressing tables. In their past lives they surely did; I hope with beautiful French ladies perfumed, powdered and rouged wearing sumptuous taffeta gowns, velvet capes and glittering bijoux.

This one was designed and commissioned by my reason-for-living-in-France and as he would point out if you were standing next to him: "Note the rounded corner of the wood."

It's modern, functional and a different kind of beautiful. I can splash and spill to my heart's content never causing any irreparable (or at the very least expensive) damage to a precious antique.




While I was clicking away I decided to take a picture of my can't live without face-savers. Then, suddenly I realized I forgot my BioDerma. Of course I had to stop everything, run up-stairs and snap it. Thought maybe you might like to see these little treasures. Yes, I know I've talked about them almost as much as creoles, but still. . . 

Did you notice I set mine out to give you concrete proof I wear them every day? Look closely.

Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. 

Tomorrow I'll tell you what's coming up next week. Is that exciting or what. . .?

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, I see you share my love for my signature perfume -- Opium!

Kristi said...

OH and there are your creole earrings, as well!

Deja Pseu said...

How lovely. You have me longing to find a vanity for an empty corner of our bedroom.

Bonjour Madame said...

I like it a lot, Tish. What a perfect place to do all those things we women get to do. I find spending time at my vanity is relaxing and a bit of a ritual for me. I enjoy it. I really love your vase with lavender.

knitpurl said...

Beautiful vanity; laughing over your comments on near-sightedness since I am far-sighted (which does change things on the magnifying mirror idea or non-idea).

Creoles still reign!
-C.

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

This vanity is tucked into/actually built into a tiny corner in my bathroom. I do love it.

Thank you all for finding it appealing as well.

Kristi, I have written two comments on your blog and as I'm sure I've mentioned before I'm a tech-twit, but they never appear. Am I not waiting long enough or what? On occasion I wear Opium in the evenings and I love it on other women. It's a gorgeous fragrance. My "signature" fragrance is Parfum Hermes, but since I've worn it for so many years I can't smell it on myself and probably spritz on way too much. Just bought a bottle of Elixir and have re-fallen in love with it.

Merci, Stephanie, I agree. I love to take as much time as possible getting ready to go out (not in the morning mind you if I have an appointment) a luxuriate in being a girl.

Carole, do you have a magnifying mirror?

Marsi said...

Tish, I love it. It's very cosmopolitan. I recognized the Opium and Hermes, but what are your other perfumes? Love the pink silk robe; it's the perfect match for your coloring (if I can assume that you are the blonde in one of the photos in your earlier vanity piece?).

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

Yes, you can assume I'm blonde and that you saw me in the picture. How do you blow-up a picture on a blog?

I'm so glad you like it. Two bottles of Hermes perfume: Parfum Hermes and Caleche and the other one is the one you love, Elixir. I'm taking a Parfum break with Elixir and I don't really like Caleche on me, but the bottle looks nice with the rest.

Kristi said...

Tish,
I'm sorry your comments haven't appeared. I will talk to my tech savvie brother and figure out what's going on. I love reading your blog and the drawings are so beautiful! (ps I did get that one comment from you about my black skirt, though ... )
Kristi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...