Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Indecision & A Disparate Round-Up

































































Never too late to nag I always say. N'est-ce-pas?  

If you recall in elementary English classes along with hyperbole, metaphors and similes we also learned about repetition for emphasis -- remember (?) -- here comes the latter: SPF, SPF, SPF. And may I suggest, buy two of your favorite brand.  Mine is the Roche-Posay Anthelois XL lotion for two reasons: It was recommended by a top French plastic surgeon in an interview with me (a woman) and it's not gooky. The second one you keep in the car, or if you don't change your handbag every five minutes you could keep it there. This one is for the tops of your hands to protect them against those dangerous rays streaming through the windshield. Because you know what happens if you don't. Enough said.

I like the new, or at least to me, Roche-Posay tube meant for the nose, ears, collarbone, chin, eyelids, all those other quirky spots we might forget or need constant touch-ups.

In all things -- and no one knows this better than our role models, les French femmes d'un certain age -- and yes, I know I've mentioned this before: First comes discipline, then comes habit. 

This maxim of course applies to everything from sun protection to those "oh, no thank you, I couldn't possibly eat another piece of your delicious strawberry tart" moments. See what I mean? 

Another been there, discussed that subject: Self-tanning products. As I've said I am beyond maladroit in this department, or was until I found those individual towelettes from Comodynes. They're great for a full-on tan or just your legs so they can be released from their pantyhose hell. It's also fab for touch-ups. If I can do it; you can do it. No mess, no fuss.

And finally, do not under any circumstances forget your sunglasses. I'm amazed at the numbers of French women on the streets who don't wear them. Today for example, as I was watching how great they looked I was quite taken aback by this omission. The sun was blindingly bright and there they were squinting away, literally adding years to their faces. C'est fou.

This reminder is also my excuse to include those "don't you just love 'em" sunglasses from Cutler and Gross.

P.S.: Still haven't decided about my famous KJLane brooch. Called the woman in the boutique today -- we're becoming best friends -- who assured me she has three of them and not to worry and if some day I do make up my mind she'll put one aside for me. This is so unlike me, usually I go into a boutique make a quick sweep with my eyes and in less than 30 seconds move in or move on. Part of my reluctance is probably the fact it's not real and costs 170 Euros. I do like it though. . .

4 comments:

Marsi said...

I don't think we have Comodynes here in the U.S. I'll have to poke around a bit.

Sunscreen is essential. I quit tanning in my late teens because I realized I wasn't so crazy about all the freckles it gave me, and now at almost 43, I have no wrinkles. I saw a picture of Lindsay Lohan yesterday (a poster child for All Things Wrong if ever there was one) and she looks as rough as a bag of hammers -- at the tender age of 23. Freckles from head to toe. Ironically, she was touting her new sprayless tan line. Sorry, but if she's got dark freckles all over her body, she didn't get them by self-tanning.

Cute sunglasses. I wonder what that text is from.

170 euros? Oh my.

Bonjour Madame said...

I stopped tanning years ago too. I just don't ever get in the sun and bake on purpose anymore.

At least you have a new friend in the KJL sales associate.

Thanks so much for the tip on the cafe creme at home. I know the devise you are talking about. I'll have to get one.

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 320 pounds on every page. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

great blog


[url=http://bradhsfxga.terapad.com/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.sucmiugojmahtdia]برامج[/url]
[url=http://bradhsfxga.terapad.com/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.sucmiugojmahtdia]برامج التحميل[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...