Monday, June 22, 2009

Here Comes The Bride. . .





























































































































































Perhaps you've been searching for that petite "look-at-me" accessory for the summer weddings to which you have been invited. You know, that drop-dead, stop-them-in-their-tracks who cares what the bride is wearing sort of accoutrement? 

My feeling is there's no better place to start than at the top. Life offers few opportunities to wear a hat for pure decoration (or outrageousness) therefore we must jump on any occasion presented to us. 

Beginning with Sarah Jessica Parker and finishing off with Camilla all the chapeaux are from Philip Treacy.  The last two, discreet without being boring, would probably come under the category: "I can wear them for the rest of my life."

P.S.: I think a bride could wear the satin roses. And, depending upon one's personality, the others would be audacious choices for second, third, fourth. . . marriages. Furthermore, if a woman is on her fourth marriage she almost owes it to her audience to make a symbolic gesture of divine excess.

5 comments:

Bonjour Madame said...

I'm always in awe of a woman who can wear a big beautiful hat. These are gorgeous.

knitpurl said...

I agree, they are beautiful. The bigger, with lots of flowers, the better. Phillip T. always designs such breathtaking hats.
-Carole

tish jett said...

Sometimes I just go into my closet and look at my hats. I love them, haven't worn one in years and have no weddings on my five year calendar.

Catherine said...

That sixth one is seriously flamenca. I love it.

Marsi said...

Glorious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...