Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Devil Is In The Details
















































































































































What a difference a bow makes.  (The first one up there from the Mochino spring/summer collection was just to get your attention.)

Even the least frou-frou among us can see the merits of a soft, floppy scarf tied as a bow. If one is so inclined masses of baubles can be layered on top with the wings of the bow set free above.

It's another one of those hide-and-trick the eye maneuvers we all so dearly love: "Look at my radiant visage. Neck(?) Chin(?) I don't know what you're talking about." Voila it's a miracle.

Bows you might consider and bows you wouldn't be caught dead in, from the top: Mochino as I said; Coco Chanel as you've probably never seen her before in a carelessly bowed something-or-other at the neck of her white shirt ; two softies from Christian Lacroix; a great idea from Sonia Rykiel, a man's bow-tie with the complicated bits firmly in place; a fun, funny prim hat right out of the '50s from Luella and a rigid, will never come undone headband from Givenchy.

2 comments:

knitpurl said...

Couldn't do Luella's nor Mochino's -- again; but the other's I've seen around town -- between rain showers (and I'm not in a city known for fashion). Like them a lot and even wear them on occasion. Truly Tish, you've given me so many ideas in this week's blogs I don't know where to start. The good part is so much of it can be inexpensive (thank you); the bad is taking time to put together everything. Ah well, that's part of the fun -- hope the BD was fun, fun, fun. Happy wkend; off to quilting show!

tish jett said...

The BD was as much fun as BDs can be these days if you know what I mean. . . Nice presents though.

Glad you liked the little touches.

Have a lovely weekend. Don't tell me you do quilting as well? You're incredible.

I told my dear friend, Trisha Malcolm, editor of Vogue Knitting, your story about one needle so you don't have to worry about dropping the other one. She thought that was hilarious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...