Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh, Sauvage















































































































































































A mere soupçon of the sauvage is more than enough for us -- or in my opinion, for anyone.

Yes, leopards and cheetahs (fashion-wise would someone please explain the difference in the spot thing between the two animals?) are with us through the summer and they continued to roam the catwalks into fall and winter. Always a good sign.

Translation: If you haven't already bought into the trend you've got time and it's a good investment, you know, all things considered. . .  My philosophy: Might as well get a little piece of the action when you know it will give you long-term fashion dividends. Whatever. You get my drift.

Instead of going on and on about this spot on movement, herein I shall offer ways and means to dabble in it without going whole hog. 

(BTW Eau Sauvage is a sublime fragrance for men from Dior. It smells just as delicious on women.)

From the top: A lounging leopard; an 18 karat gold bracelet; stylish sunglasses; a Louis Vuitton bag; Repetto ballerinas; a bit of the beast -- not literally of course -- in a belt from Sonia Rykiel; a just-for-fun umbrella; a skinny headband, all time French bad hair day solution ; a silk scarf from Dolce and Gabbana; red soles and a reasonable heel from Christian Louboutin; unspeakably chic needlepoint mules; and a is it in is it out -- who cares -- pashmina

2 comments:

Marsi said...

I want those Repettos. I have coveted a pair of Repettos for years now. Perhaps when I'm in San Fran in June I can score some. Animal prints are just classic, as long as you don't go overboard.

Here's the difference between leopards and cheetahs:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/19145

I loved what you posted yesterday about the hankies, btw. When I was younger, I always had a hanky in my handbag -- and by younger, I mean like 20! Then I stopped doing it for a long time, though I don't know why. (College may've been part of it; I stopped carrying a handbag in favor of a backpack.) But just this winter, I got out my great-grandmother's powder-blue linen hanky (at least 60 years old), washed and pressed it, and tucked it into one of the pockets of my handbag -- which is the classic Chanel 2.55 that my husband treated me to when his company still gave quarterly bonuses. Le sigh. I really miss partying like it's 1999.

I am awaiting my delivery of two huge bottles of Bioderma Crealine cleanser from a distributor in D.C. I bought Avene's micelle cleanser a couple of years ago, and it really didn't agree with my complexion at all, so I'm hoping the Bioderma is more my style. ;o)

Tish Jett said...

Hello, Marsi,

How I love hearing from you. Hope you can get the Repettos, they're limited edition, but I think lots of people are making them.

Merci for the cheetah/leopard link.

My husband gave me a 2.55 as well and even when it's empty it always has a handkerchief in it. I agree I miss partying too. My best French friend, about whom I talk a lot in the blog because she really epitomizes the ideal, throws divine dinner parties and insists everyone dress. All of her friends love it.

Keep me au courant about you Bioderma delivery. I honestly think it's the best thing ever.

Thank you for staying with me.

Warmest regards,
Tish

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...