Monday, November 3, 2008

Ahead of the Curve





Long before I was allowed to wear makeup I was curling my eyelashes.  

A quick squeeze on each eye, a couple of pinches to my cheeks, a "gloss" of ChapStick on my lips and a stroke on each pitiful eyebrow and I was out the door, onto my school bus and off to grade school near Niagara Falls, New York.  

Eyelash curling is the only gesture from my precocious primping days that remains part of my daily grooming routine.  It's an addiction.   The Shu Uemura curler, the best of the best
as we all know, didn't exist in those days so as a consequence I did some serious damage with lesser instruments over the decades. 

Oh, yes there's more to this story.  As time marches mercilessly on our eyelashes neither sprout nor spring back the way they once did.  (Frankly, what does?)

Result:  sad, skimpy lashes.  Obviously I sometimes use lengthening and thickening mascaras and have even had a few fake one-by-ones glued on by professionals, but I wanted my own lush lashes.  

Since discovering Talika Lipocils Eyelash Conditioning Gel they're back, almost as thick and long as they were when I was eight.  Here's how it works:
  • Apply to perfectly clean lashes.
  • Use twice a day like a mascara making certain the gel on the brush hits the baseline where the lashes grow then pull the brush up through to the tips.
  • Use twice daily for one month.
  • Use once a day thereafter.
  • Mascara can be worn over it.
  • I recommend you use it for the rest of your life.
  • It contains nettle extract, horse chestnut, soy lecithin, witch hazel, St. John's Wart and apple extract.
I discovered Lipocils while reading an article about medical and pharmaceutical products developed to remedy a specific problem that produced a surprising -- and in this case positive and marketable -- auxiliary benefit.  

After World War II, Dr. Danielle Rochas developed a plant based anti-bacterial unguent to treat patients with serious facial burns.  To her astonishment she noticed the salve not only healed the skin, but also provoked eyelash growth.  

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

I just found they carry this at Sephora here in the states and am on my way. How grateful I am that you told me this happens to most of us, not just me! I think many of us think "why me" when it's really.."really you too?" Now do you think it will work on my over waxed brows.. like no one told me the part about at some point if you pull them out they don't grow back! The 80's will haunt me forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...